Friday, July 15, 2011

Alyssa Campanella Gets ready for Miss Teen USA 2011


Time for another blog! It is my third week as Miss USA. You know when the outgoing titleholder always warns their successor that the year will go by fast? Yeah, they are not kidding, so I'm definitely cherishing the next 11 months!

Media week died down a bit, although the interviews never stop! I'm flattered so many people want to speak with me and get to know me. It seems a lot of people are really into the fact that I enjoy Star Wars, cooking, Game of Thrones and hockey. A beauty queen can have a diverse number of interests too! However, I am honored that the typical pageant stereotypes are changing to embrace today's modern woman. I'm excited to be a part of it all.

I celebrated The Fourth of July with my family. Both my sister and my mother came into the city to celebrate with me. My mom was even kind enough to bring along her famous cookies! I have a big basket in the kitchen filled with her cookies now (Ximena, hands off!). I'm excited that I will be getting to see my sister more often now that I am in New York for the year! She attends school here. Long distance sister relationships can be hard on the heart!

Today is Kamie's last day in the office as Miss Teen USA. It's bittersweet since I first met Kamie before she even competed at Miss Teen USA. She has grown into such a beautiful, mature, confident young woman since then. I'm honored to have had the chance to know her. I'm sure we will be hearing about her often, even after her reign!

Next week we welcome a new Miss Teen USA into the Miss Universe family. I am thrilled to be able to head to the Bahamas to watch to crowning of my sister for the year. I have no idea who it is going to be, but whomever wins Miss Teen USA 2011 is going to have to deal with a super bubbly and goofy Miss USA as a sister! I hope she is ready for that.

Following my Bahamas trip I will travel home to Los Angeles for my homecoming. I get to spend a week back in my beautiful, non-humid state of California! I'm very excited! I have missed my friends, Keith, Shanna and the kittens! For those of you who follow my Twitter, you'll know what I mean by "the kittens."

Until the next time,
Alyssa Campanella